Gerbing Sizing and Instruction Page
Don't be fooled by the name change, Gyde-Powered by Gerbing Microwire® technology is still the great brand you know and love. Featuring Microwire® technology, it is thinner, lighter, stronger and more durable than the normal copper wiring and it heats up in just 10% of the time! Gerbing Microwire® technology was developed in response to a Department of Defense contract for heated clothing to be used by Special Ops Forces. The wire consists of hundreds of microscopic stainless steel strands wrapped in a thin Teflon coating. These wires are flexible, yet exceptionally durable. This results in a rugged garment that heats instantly.
How to measure for Gerbing Jackets and Vests properly:
The measuring process is very important and will help make sure you order the correct size. The tape measure should fit snugly against the body. Remember, any Gerbing liner is meant to be worn under outerwear clothing.
- Chest - Measure around the fullest area of the chest, holding tape firm and level. Hold arms out, place tape, drop arms and record measurement.
- Waist - Measure loosely at your natural waistline, typically above your beltline and closer to your bellybutton.
- Hips - Measure around the fullest part of seat while standing and while sitting. Record the higher number.
- Outseam - Measure from the top of the waistband to the bottom of the ankle, remember pants and pant liners will lose some length when in the sitting or riding position.
Sleeve Length - Measure from the top of the shoulder bone to the bottom of the wrist bone. Measure both arms as one arm may be longer than the other.
How to measure your hand.
Step 1. Measure around the widest part of your hand (In-between your index finger and thumb)
Step 3. Match your hand size (inches) up to the size charts below.
Step 4. Buy with confidence!
COREHEAT 7 INSTRUCTIONS
HOW TO POWER YOUR HEATED GEAR
All garments come with a 7v Lithium Ion rechargeable battery and wall charger.
Additional 7v batteries can be purchased separately. Total battery weight: 4 ounces.
Each Battery has 4 settings and is indicated on the battery by a set of red lights:
- 100% (4 red lights)
- 75% (3 red lights)
- 50% (2 red lights)
- 25% (1 red lights)
The 7v battery holds anywhere from 28 hours of heat, depending on the setting.
- 2 hours at 100%
- 3 hours at 75%
- 5 hours at 50%
- 8 hours at 25%
- Step 1: Power on by pressing and HOLDING (2-4 seconds) power button
- Step 2: To change temperature, press and hold power button until LED light reflects desired setting. *Power level setting can only be indicated when connected to garment.
- Step 3: Check remaining battery life by disconnecting battery from product. Press and hold power button, LED indicator will show 14 LED lights to indicate remaining power (4 lights is full power).
- We recommend charging overnight for first charge.
- Charge 100% before use (a full charge takes about 3-4 hours).
- A red light will appear on wall charger when charging. If light does not change or turn on, it may still be charging, so please test the battery in product after 3-4 hours.
- Maintain at least 25% power when battery is not in use.
Instructions for Silicone Switches
- Step 1: Plug in fully charged battery.
- Step 2: Switch will cycle through settings, this indicates switch has power and can now be used.
- Step 3: To power on, push and hold down button for 23 seconds until the switch illuminates.
- Step 4: To change power setting, tap button to cycle through levels.
○Low = Green ○Medium = Yellow ○High = Red
- Step 5: To power off, push and hold down button until light goes out.