Welcome to The Warming Store Heated Glove Guide
As the Leading Heated Apparel Store In The World, we can provide some great, in depth knowledge of heated gloves.
Here at The Warming Store we are asked daily "Which Heated Gloves do you wear?" and our typical response is "Depends on what we are doing!" So, we decided to make a nice and easy guide to our heated glove selection.
In this Heated Glove Guide we will breakdown the dynamics of buying heated gloves. We know it can be daunting to choose between our selection of 100's of heated gloves, so we will simplify things for you!
We sell heated gloves ranging from $19.99 to $500. When we say "heated gloves" we literally mean they have heating elements built into the gloves that are powered by batteries.
We have some glove that use "AA" Batteries like The Action Tech Heated Gloves and we have many that use Ion-Lithium re-chargeable batteries like the Gerbing S3, Volt Titan, and Venture City Glove, etc.
The Heated Gloves Rule of Thumb
Any glove priced under $129 will not heat the fingers and thumb. They will only heat the hand. Those priced higher will typically heat the hand, fingers and thumb.
In the Heated Glove world, you get what you pay for! If you want long-lasting, well made heated gloves, you will need to get pricier gloves. You won't need to break your budget but you will probably need to be in the $150-$250 range to get a better quality glove. The quality, design, and efficiency goes up drastically as the price increases. That said, there are plenty of lower priced gloves and mittens that work great in all price ranges.
Heated Gloves and Mittens: Under $150:
- Action Tech Battery Heated Gloves - This glove is a GREAT intro to heated gloves. They are a great affordable option for walking the dog, hiking, yard work, etc. They use AA batteries for easy use and last up to 10 hours. The heating elements are on the top of the hand.
- Grabber Battery Heated Gloves- One of the classic heated gloves on the market. They are great for all outdoor activities. The Grabber Heat Gloves have 2 temperature settings, and are made with 3m Thinsulate™. They use 4 AA Batteries per glove.
- iHeat Rechargable Battery Heated Glove Liner - Developed in the coldest parts of Canada, the iHeat Liners are one of our new favorites. They heat tests on them are remarkable (140+F) and they have a great adjustable wrist strap to help keep wind and water out. They are our lowest priced pair of Glove Liners but that DOES NOT reflect the quality. We recommend these highly.
- Volt Rechargeable Battery Heated Mitts- Probably our most popular mittens we carry. Coming in a black men's and grey women's, they are perfect for everyone needing some warming hands this winter. Priced between $119.99-$149.99, they are affordable, use 7V rechargeable batteries that will last over 400 cycles of charging.
Heated Gloves and Mittens : Price Range $149.99-$249.99
This is the most common price range for heated gloves. All gloves in this range will have heated hands and fingers and will provide 2+ hours of heat. This is by far our largest group of heated gloves.
- Gerbing S2 Heated Gloves - The Gerbing S2 Heated Gloves are one of the most popular gloves we sell. They feature a 7V battery with long lasting heat through the fingers and hand. Gerbing is known for their unique heating systems and great warranty program. This is HIGHLY recommended from the Warming Store Team!
- Volt Tactical- A new heated glove for the 2014 season, The Volt Tactical gloves were specifically designed for safety personnel, military and outdoor enthusiasts. They are thinner than most heated gloves of this caliber but still keep the hands very warm! We are very impressed with the design and have only had good reviews from customers so far!
- Gerbing S3 Heated Gloves - Our "Go-To Glove" when recommending gloves to customers. The Gerbing S3's are right in that sweet spot of great price and great quality. The S3's are the new and improved version of the Gerbing S2, which is one of our all-time best sellers. The S3's feel like a ski glove and are not too thick, giving full dexterity.
- Venture City Gloves - A thin and pliable shell gives full dexterity to the hands in the Venture City Gloves. The City Gloves are great for just that "The City!" We would actually take that further by saying "City and Suburbs" The City Gloves have a nice style to them and are very popular with the commuter. They are not really built for heavy outdoor hiking activities but are awesome for keeping your hands warm while doing chores and travel.
- Outdoor Research Stormtrooper Heated Gloves - Outdoor research on makes amazing products and we are excited to feature their Stormtrooper heated gloves this year. The breathable, windproof GORE® WINDSTOPPER® and ALTIHeat™ battery-powered heating technology of the versatile StormTracker Heated Gloves spar with the most heinous weather. This glove was the highest recommended glove last season so we definitely suggest trying the Stormtrooper out this winter!
- Venture Heat Epic 2 Battery Heated Gloves - The Epic 2 Gloves are a staple in our collection. We have been carrying these since the beginning and are one of our best sellers of all time. They have a real "ski glove" feel to them and boast great heat for all outdoor activities. Venture uses a small duel battery system allowing for a very comfortable feel...almost unnoticeable while on.
- Ansai Mobile Warming Men's LTD Softshell Glove - One of only a few WATERPROOF heated gloves. Mobile Warming did a great job with the design of the LTD Softshell gloves for 2014. Featuring a wool liner and Nanomax™ waterproof breathable membrane, they keep you warm and dry even in the coldest
- Volt Titan Waterproof Leather Heated Gloves for Men - The Volt Titans are one of our favorite gloves on the market. We sell a ton of these every winter because they are one of the only waterproof heated gloves in this price range. They are leather and have long lasting battery life (2-8hrs).
Heated Gloves and Mittens : Price Range $249.99+
As we mentioned earlier, you get what you pay for when it comes to heated clothing. This year we brought in many new HIGH END heated gloves to cater to the adventurer who needs THE BEST gloves available. All of the high-end elite gloves featured heated fingers and they are all water resistant.
- Gerbing Next Gen Heated Gloves - Gerbing is known as one of the leaders in heated technology. Using their special micro-wire heating, the Next Gens are the top of the class for Gerbing. With a new style, more efficient and comfortable battery system, they improved their heat setting to 3-7hrs. With a max heat of 135 degrees you will stay warm for hours! Probably our most popular higher end glove because of price and performance.
- Ansai Mobile Warming Men's LTD Max Leather Glove - One of the only "water-proof" heated gloves, made with genuine leather. Using a 7V battery system allows for long last heat up to 8-10 hours on the lowest setting. This is a great option for the outdoor enthusiast looking for a high-end glove on a budget.
- Outdoor Research Lucent Heated Gloves - Okay, now we are getting into some seriously awesome gloves! Outdoor Research is one of the most impressive companies we work with... they specialize in premium outdoor products.
- Chaval Heated Gloves - The Chaval Gloves are unlike any other glove we sell. They actually have the batteries built into the gloves. We see this as a positive because the efficiency of the battery is about 30% higher because of the integration. The negative of this system is that if you run out of battery while in cold weather, you cannot easily change the battery for another couple hours of heat. That said, the positives of this waterproof, well-designed glove definitely make it one of the nicest gloves we have ever carried.
- Zanier Heat GTX Men's Heated Gloves – Zanier is known as one of the nicest and highest end brands in the Ski world. They definitely don’t disappoint with their new Heat GTX Gloves. With an insane 12 hour (low setting) battery life, they perform with as one of the best gloves we have ever seen.
- Zanier Aviator GTX Heated Gloves – Like the Heat GTX, the Zanier Aviator Gloves performance is one of the best on the market. The great battery life,ultra-thin design, and extra-long cuff make it one of the best heated gloves for skiing.
- Hestra Elite Heated Gloves – The name says it all… these gloves are ELITE! With the high end design and innovative windproof, waterproof and breathable HESTRA Triton/Flextron polyamide fabric, they make for one of our top 3 quality gloves.
- Serius HeatTouch Inferno Gloves – If you know winter products, you know about Serius. Finally, they have entered the heated clothing world and put together one of the finest gloves on the market. The leather palm and leather shell, make them waterproof and windproof.
Heated Glove Liners: Price Range $124.99-$189.99
Glove Liners are one of the faster growing products in the heated glove category. People love their hands warm but also still want dexterity so they can continue with any activity. We carry many great Heated Glove Liner options. All glove liners use ion-lithium rechargeable batteries. Heated Liners are are meant to be worn underneath another glove to trap the heated created.
- Gerbing Battery Heated Glove Liner - Gerbing is one of the top brands in heated clothing and has one of the best heated glove liners as well. The liners run off a unique 7V battery system that used two smaller batteries that wrap around the wrist for comfort and convenience. We definitely recommend this liner as one of our favorites.
- Venture Heat Battery Heated Glove Liners - The Venture Glove Liner is probably our most popular glove liner we sell. Great price. Great quality glove. Very good heat throughout the entire glove. Each glove is powered by a 7.4Volt / 1700 mAh (total 3400mAh 3.7V) Lithium ion battery that allows for long lasting heat. They are made of a stretchable poly-spandex fabric so they easily fit under gloves or mittens.
- iHeat Gear Heated Glove Liner - Developed in the coldest parts of Canada, the iHeat Liners are one of our new favorites. They heat tests on them are remarkable (140+F) and they have a great adjustable wrist strap to help keep wind and water out. They are our lowest priced pair of Glove Liners but that DOES NOT reflect the quality. We recommend these highly.
- Thermo Gloves Heated Glove Liners - The Thermo Gloves are conveniently priced for everyday use. They come with a nice carrying case for trips and use rechargeable 2.7 Li-Ion Polymer batteries. They will not get as hot as some of the other liners but will definitely keep you warm.
Heated Mittens Guide:
- Gerbing Heated Mittens – Using the same batteries throughout most Gerbing products, the Heated Mittens definitely fit right into their great array of heated apparel. The Mittens heat your whole hand and boast up to 6-8 hours of heated (Low Setting).
- Volt Heated Mittens – The Volt Mittens are our most popular mittens we sell. The mix of great price and great quality makes for the perfect heated mittens. At a bit lower price of $119.99-$149.99, the Volt Mittens will not disappoint.
- Outdoor Research Lucent Heated Mittens – New for the 2014 season, the Lucent Mittens are quickly becoming one of our bestselling Mittens. Built for skiing and serious outdoor activities, the Outdoor Research Lucent Mittens featured a windproof and waterproof design and up to 6 hours of heat!
- Zanier Hot GTX Heated Mittens – Lasting a serious 8-10 hours on low and 2-3 hours on high, the Zanier Hot GTX are built for the rugged outdoors. Featuring 100% Goatskin Leather & Polyester, the Hot GTX are one of the most comfortable mitten we sell!
- Venture Epic 2 Battery Heated Mittens – One of our top 3 selling mittens for the last 3 winters, we love and definitely recommend the Epic 2 Mittens! Venture always provides long-lasting heat and a great comfortable feel. Venture features one of the smallest batteries on the market, making the gloves and mittens fit snug and comfortably.
- Hestra Elite Mittens – Hestra comes through again with their new Elite Heated Mittens. Using True-Fit Euro sizing, Hestra makes it easy to find a perfect fit. Hestra’s unique even heating system makes the Elite Mittens one of the fastest selling mittens this winter!