Welcome to our 2023 neck cooler guide.
Who are neck coolers for?
Anyone who wants to feel cooler in hot conditions! These subtle, easy-to-use, and inexpensive items help cool down everyone.
- Professional athletes
- Construction workers, gardeners, or anyone else working outside
- Military personnel
- Those with medical conditions like MS which make them sensitive to heat
- Anyone who wants to cool down in the summer heat
How do they work?
We have two types of cooling neckbands:
These neck coolers work by absorbing their weight many times in water. As this water evaporates heat is moved away from the body cooling the wearer down.
- Made of non-toxic absorbent polymers, PVA, or Microfiber fabric
- Starts working as soon as it gets wet
- 1-2 hours of cooling time depending on the style
- Requires soaking for extending the cooling time
- Intense cooling at the start with gradual dissipation
- Less effective in highly humid conditions
Best Available Options
- AlphaCool 10-in-1 Neck Cooling Tube
- Koolgator Neck Cooling Wrap
- AlphaCool Neck Cooler
- AlphaCool Ultra Neck Cooler
- AlphaCool Cooling Bandana
- AlphaCool Ultra Cooling Wrap
- Ergodyne Chill-Its Evaporative Cooling Neck Wrap
- Ergodyne Chill-Its Cooling Bandana with PVA Liner
- Misty Mate Arctic Tie Neck Cooler
- Occunomix MiraCool Neck Cooling Bandana
- HyperKewl Evaporative Cooling Neck Bands
- HyperKewl Deluxe Cooling Neck Bands
These neck coolers have inserts that are cooled by placing them in the freezer or submerging them in an ice bath for a few.
- Works in humid conditions
- Does not feel wet to the touch
- Must be frozen in freezer or submerged in an ice bath
- Intense cooling sensation for approximately 2-3 hours (depending on the style and brand)
- Most inserts are filled with safe and non toxic saline solution or distilled fresh water
- Outer shell made of microfiber blend or terry cloth
Best available Options
- AlphaCool Ice Band Neck Wrap
- Icy-Cools Ice Bandana Frozen Neck Cooler
- Black Ice Max Personal Neck Cooling System
- Black Ice CCX Personal Cooling Cool Collar
- TechKewl Phase Change Cooling Neck Band
- Cool Links Classic 2in1 Cooling Neck Wrap
- FlexiFreeze Ice Neck Wrap Cooling Collar