Welcome to our 2023 neck cooler guide.
Check Out Our Full Selection of Neck Coolers
Who are neck coolers for?
Anyone who wants to feel cooler in hot conditions! These subtle, easy-to-use, and inexpensive items help cool down everyone.
- Professional athletes
- Construction workers, gardeners, or anyone else working outside
- Military personnel
- Those with medical conditions like MS which make them sensitive to heat
- Anyone who wants to cool down in the summer heat
How do they work?
We have two types of cooling neckbands:
These neck coolers work by absorbing their weight many times in water. As this water evaporates heat is moved away from the body cooling the wearer down.
- Made of non-toxic absorbent polymers, PVA, or Microfiber fabric
- Starts working as soon as it gets wet
- 1-2 hours of cooling time depending on the style
- Requires soaking for extending the cooling time
- Intense cooling at the start with gradual dissipation
- Less effective in highly humid conditions
Best Available Options
- AlphaCool 10-in-1 Neck Cooling Tube
- Koolgator Neck Cooling Wrap
- AlphaCool Neck Cooler
- AlphaCool Ultra Neck Cooler
- AlphaCool Cooling Bandana
- AlphaCool Ultra Cooling Wrap
- Ergodyne Chill-Its Evaporative Cooling Neck Wrap
- Ergodyne Chill-Its Cooling Bandana with PVA Liner
- Misty Mate Arctic Tie Neck Cooler
- Occunomix MiraCool Neck Cooling Bandana
- HyperKewl Evaporative Cooling Neck Bands
- HyperKewl Deluxe Cooling Neck Bands
These neck coolers have inserts that are cooled by placing them in the freezer or submerging them in an ice bath for a few.
- Works in humid conditions
- Does not feel wet to the touch
- Must be frozen in freezer or submerged in an ice bath
- Intense cooling sensation for approximately 2-3 hours (depending on the style and brand)
- Most inserts are filled with safe and non toxic saline solution or distilled fresh water
- Outer shell made of microfiber blend or terry cloth
Best available Options
- AlphaCool Ice Band Neck Wrap
- Icy-Cools Ice Bandana Frozen Neck Cooler
- Black Ice Max Personal Neck Cooling System
- Black Ice CCX Personal Cooling Cool Collar
- TechKewl Phase Change Cooling Neck Band
- Cool Links Classic 2in1 Cooling Neck Wrap
- FlexiFreeze Ice Neck Wrap Cooling Collar