- Most battery operated heated apparel uses Lithium-Ion batteries, similar to the typical cell phone battery. Proper care and storage of these battery will ensure a lifespan of well over 500+ charge/discharge cycles.
- Step 1: Connect battery to heated apparel.
- Step 2: Power on by pressing and holding power button.
- Step 3: To change temperature, press and hold power button until LED light reflects desired settings.
- Charge overnight for the initial charge - Most batteries for heated clothing contain their own charging circuit that will automatically shut off when fully charged.
- Charge to 100% before full use.
- A full charge on most standard batteries will take 3-4 hours.
- A full charge on extended life batteries varies, please contact us for charging times.
Testing Battery Charge
- Disconnect battery from the product. Press and hold the power button, and the LED indicator will show 1-4 LED lights to indicate remaining power.
- Disconnect the battery pack from garment when not in use, even when the light is turned off. The garment will continue to slowly drain power from the pack.
- It is important to maintain at least 25% of the battery’s power when not in use. Charge battery fully before storage, or battery life may be reduced over time.
Flying with Batteries
- When flying with Lithium-Ion batteries, the FAA has rules restricting the Watt-Hour maximum of each battery carried to 100 Wh. The typical 2.2Ah 7-volt Lithium-Ion battery used in the majority of heated apparel is ~15 Wh, and extended-life batteries are ~28 Wh. There are no limit to the number of sub-100 Wh batteries that can be carried on a flight.
- More information on flying with batteries can be found through the FAA page linked here.
Here are some quick tips and battery instructions from MyCoolingStore.com
NOTE: REMEMBER TO ALWAYS CHARGE AND CYCLE YOUR BATTERIES DURING THE OFF-SEASON TO MAINTAIN THE LONGEST BATTERY LIFE.
● We recommend charging overnight for first charge.
● Charge 100% before use (a full charge takes about 3-4 hours).
● A red light will appear on wall charger when charging. If light does not change or turn on, it may still be charging, so please test the battery in product after 3-4 hours.
● Maintain at least 25% power when battery is not in use. Cycling your batteries during the off-season will insure longer battery life.
● Power on by pressing and HOLDING (2-4 seconds) power button
● To change temperature, press the power button until LED light reflects desired setting. *Power level setting can only be indicated when connected to garment.
● To power off, push and hold down button until light goes out.
● If your garment has a touch button technology, you will hold the button on the garment down after turning your battery on and use this to control temperature levels instead of directly from the battery.
Maintenance and storage:
● Lithium Ion cells used in heated apparel need to be stored at 25% charge or more to prevent damage to cells.
● Leaving batteries below 25% for extended periods of time is the primary cause of loss of performance and damage, please always fully charge your batteries before long term storage and between seasons.
● Step 1: Charge the battery for 3-4 hours
● Step 2: Plug the battery into the garment securely
● Step 3: Hold the power button on the battery for 3 seconds.
● Is it turning on? Are any lights showing? It will take about 3-5 minutes for the garment to warm up.
● Are the batteries brand new? If so and they are not turning on, it is probably a battery issue.
● Are the batteries from last year? Like any other Lithium battery, it is important to continue to charge and drain the batteries during the off season.
● Does your garment have a touch button control? Check and see if there is a button on the item and follow the powering steps above.
lease note most batteries have a 60-90 day warranty from the date of purchase.
We hope this information helps! If you have additional questions, please check our support center at support.mycoolingstore.com or call 888-406-1984